Todays task: Drawing tiles and stuff for different dungeons (this -as you can see- includes battle backgrounds).
… for todays writeup, but still a lot has happened.
Since I am pretty much on the last page of my design document (there are a few but they are also very small) I thought I´d write some stuff here.
To make it more readable and way shorter, here are some bulletpoints of what happened:
- Dungeon creation is 95% done
- Fixed a ton of bugs
- Map-change-effect tweaked
- Added a few crash preventing thingys here and there
So the only things left are:
- Some menus *cringe* (actually just 4 small, 1 big)
- Attack items
- Rudimentary cutscenes (like walk from A to B)
And then the engine-part is done. Which means bugfixes, content creation, bugfixes, polish, and bugfixes :D
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading and most likely see you in a few days :)
TL;DR: Engine almost done, drawing more, look at me I make games!
… are great! And today is the first day of my 2 week long easter vacation. Which means gamedev-marathon :D
So as my first duty I tweaked the dungeon generation again, to create more enjoyable maps. The long paths were just too annoying to walk around on.
Here is a quick before and after shot:
The todo list for these two weeks is quite huge, but I guess I can tackle that thing :D
Long story short: Stay on your toes for more updates!
I´m just gonna leave this here as friendly reminder, that the project is very well alive, but getting stuff done right before the end of the semester is hard.
Though I found some time to draw a few new sprites and fix some small bugs. Shaping the map a bit makes it feel more organic to run around.
Anyway. next tuesday is the last day before a two week vacation, which means that´s when stuff will happen :D
BEHOLD … the greates snake clone ever.
Okay, it sucks, but that´s not the point. it is AI controlled and runs with a crappy optimized A* algorhythm. The thing is, we got assigned a 9 week project to do pretty much whatever we want on a Arduino Uno board. So the first thing that came to mind was doing a snake clone on a field of 8x8 (or 15x15 if it is possible) LEDs.
Oh, that also means I have to be careful with calculations, because 16 Mhz isn´t that much :D
We will get the boards tuesday, but it can´t hurt to get the tech done before :D
… for the recent lack of updates, but school is taking up a lot of time, with those exams. But once I consider the buildup of small changes screenshotworthy, you will notice.